- Herrings without head, paunched “Matjasy” – 500g (7 lobes)
- White or red onion – 200g (4 medium-sized onions)
- Pickled cucumbers – 200g
- Pickled cucumber juice – 100ml
- Camelina oil for Wielkopolski camelina oil for flooding – 200ml
- Black pepper, ground pepper to taste
- Kale leaves for decoration
Method of execution:
Soak herrings in water about 1 hour (in overboiled water). Drain and cut herrings into 3cm pieces.
Preparation of the souce: Cut the onion into slices or half a quarter, add a pinch of salt and pepper. Cut the cucumbers into slices and add the camelina oil and cucumber juice.
Mix all. Lay in the jar and keep in the refrigerator.